Full-Time Vacancy: Wash and Infrastructure Coordinator
For Somali Nationals Only
World Vision is an International Relief and Development organization, whose goal is to achieve long-lasting benefits in the quality of life for vulnerable children and their families, displaced persons and communities. The Somalia program wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self driven and results oriented Somali National to fill the following vacancy. The successful candidate will be based in WV Office, Garowe, and Puntland.
Purpose of the position:
The WASH and Infrastructure Coordinator will provide first line supervision of all Infrastructures in World Vision Projects in Puntland Working under the supervision of the WASH Manager, the position holder will carry out field assessment before inception of construction and support – in designing of new facilities.
The position holder will ensure the use of HAP tools, sphere and other internationally recognized tools to ensure WVS’s programming approaches are sensitive to the needs and culture of the target community. With technical guidance from technical partners and WASH Manager, the person will develop and oversee construction of a range of projects across sectors from conception through to completion.
Design and planning for WASH and other Infrastructure implementations
- Provide support in developing technical manuals, guidelines and other technical documents.
- Provide support in the revision or development of new structural and architectural drawings, bills of quantities, construction checklists and training materials
- Conduct assessments of sites where new infrastructural projects will be located
- Assist relevant project managers to update risk register for risks associated with Infrastructure
- Develop and update Procurement plans for infrastructure projects
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Contribute to proposals and designs of new WASH and Infrastructure projects
Guiding and Supervision of WASH Infrastructure Project
- Coordinate community engagement for planning and implementation of project activities:
- Guide the selection of sites for WASH and infrastructure projects, promoting conflict sensitivity.
- Supervision of construction works in all engineering related activities across the program
- Promote awareness of project deliverables to beneficiaries for accountability purposes;
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
Infrastructure Contract management
- Lead the design of all Infrastructure in the North ensuring that the structural design and the BOQs match
- Ensuring all the tendering documents submitted to venders are in line with the BoQs
- Ensure that all Infrastructure contacts have clear timelines and payments schedules graduated on milestone basis
- Ensure all construction sites are physically handed over to contractors before the begin working on them
- Undertake verification at the end of very millstone before payments are made, ensure quality workmanship by contractors
Ensure timely, accurate reporting:
- Compile high quality WVUS WASH quarterly report for Puntland getting details from all sectors
- Prepare and submit periodic monitoring reports to the relevant Project manager in a timely manner:
- Monthly narrative report , Monthly Monitoring reports and Quarterly narrative reports,
- Organize review meetings to inform project teams about issues identified and agree on the course of action;
- Prepare and share monthly infrastructure performance progress to the WASH Manager and relevant Project managers.
- Prepare and update 4Ws for all WASH and Infrastructure projects
Other stake holders
- Represent World Vision WASH sector is represented in coordination meetings
- Keep and share information from Other INGO Meetings, government correspondences and other stake holders in the WASH sector
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil /WASH Engineering, Environmental science, Sanitation engineering or its equivalent
- Three (3) years’ professional experience in design and construction of buildings.
- Work experience in community led building projects will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or other drafting software is a must.
- Knowledge of structural analysis and design software.
- Should demonstrate strong understanding of systems design and implementation protocols
- Strong inter-personal skills, and proven team-player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Should demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Should demonstrate ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field Based in Puntland. Frequent travels to meet beneficiaries and support staff.
- Travel: Considerable amount of travel is required
Interested and qualified candidates should log on to; https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/somalia/water-sanitation-and-health-wash/wash-and-infrastructure-coordinator-puntland/7896 for detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications should be received by 20th July, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to Download PDF Document